Monday, January 5, 2009

You gotta have faith, faith, faith.

Hello again. So like a week ago at church Benji was talking about listening to what God wants us to know for next year(which is now this year) and for once, when Benji said listen...I did...and I heard something.You see,usually when a speaker gives me time to listen to God right then and there I listen but God decides not to make anything too clear.Which is ok. He usually waits till I'm alone so to say the least I was a little surprised. Anyway....lately I have been doing some research in Biblical history on stuff like Mt.Sinai, Noah's Ark, and the Ark of the Covenant. When Benji gave us some time I decided to read the whole Noah's Ark story. I was very entranced with every little detail and remember marveling at the size of the Ark. A boat that is longer than a football field entirely built by hand with no modern tools(obviously). Now what really amazed me about the whole story is that rain is not documented prior to the flood. The world then was much different then the one we know today. There was a thick layer of moisture beyond the atmosphere that kept plants watered which created the Eden-like conditions ( from vast knowledge of Rick Mays). So, it is possible that no one had ever heard of rain nor did they have a necessity for it. When most people think of faith giants they think of Abraham, Job, or the Disciples. We tend to overlook Noah. The insanity of his task was enormous. I can't imagine what others said when Noah starting building the huge ship and telling them that water would fall from the sky and flood the earth. I know I would've called him crazy. SO I contemplated everything I had read for like 10 minutes and then finally got smacked in the face. Why would I randomly read a story that I had heard a million times? Duh. God wanted me to read it. Why don't I listen to God? Men like Noah were commanded to do insane tasks and did them without question. He built without hesitation. I may get an occasional "hey spens, go encourage that guy." How many times have I said "I will later." What does convenience to me have to do with anything? I let the fear of consequences hinder my judgement. Maybe its peoples opinion or difficulty of the task but there always seems to be some excuse. Every time we tell God no we lower his commands to optional requests. They're not guidelines or even rules. God's commands are a lifestyle yet we still somehow justify telling Him no. Luckily, He doesn't need me. I am a replaceable piece of God's plan. While that may seem to demean the importance of my role, it in fact does the opposite. Why? Because no matter how many times I say no. The King wants me. How humbling. Like the CEO of a big company. He could hire anyone for the job, but he chose me for it and pursues me. For those that may have insecurities(aka everyone), what could bring more security than knowing you are wanted. Not by just one person but by the Creator. So, what was God's message for me to share for the year? No matter what the circumstances, no matter the consequence or lack of convenience: Listen and have FAITH. It'll take you places spiritually that you've never imagined. God Bless.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! That does give me security. AH! Shocking. Me? Secure? No way. But for real, I know even when I ignore God He will never ignore me. That's really nice of Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Every time we tell God no we lower his commands to optional requests."

    I LOVE THAT! You're so right, too. I love that God doesn't need me, but he still wants me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I am a replaceable piece of God's plan"

    More people in churches today need to grasp that thought.

    Great points bro...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm starting to see why you eventually grew on me.
    I've realized that God's way of showing me how much He WANTS me involved is by not accepting my "no's." I say it but He just kinda laughs it off and commands again.

    And yes, God's commands are a lifestyle. The daily commands as well as the ones in His word.

    Amen!

    ReplyDelete